Geneva, 22 May 2013. The World Health Assembly side event organized by the Medicus Mundi International Network for the “Health workers for all and all for health workers” project and a broad group of co-organizers intended to inform the parallel WHA debate with a civil society perspective on successes and gaps of Code implementation, three years on since its adoption, and to present further initiatives focused on the management of health workers migration.
The event was attended by over 80 WHO Member States delegates, WHO representatives and civil society delegates. Starting with case stories of Code implementation, country leadership and civil society involvement from source and destination countries and regions, the event led to a general discussion and overall conclusions on the state of Code implementation and the management of health personnel migration.
- Website of our WHA side event: www.bit.ly/wha66-code
- Our statement at the World Health Assembly: www.bit.ly/wha66-statement
- WHA report on the implementation of the Code of Practice: Document A66/25
- WHO Global Code of Practice on Health Personnel - lost in translation?
By Thomas Schwarz, Medicus Mundi International Network (project member)
- No Universal Health Coverage without health workers: Putting the Global Code back into the spotlight.
By Yoswa Dambisya, Equinet (project associate)
- Human Resources for Health – a bottleneck for Primary Health Care?
By Remco van de Pas, Wemos (project member)